Vancouver, Canada, V5A2L8
Joined on June, 2012
Weekdays after 5PM
Weekends at any time
Weekends at any time
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
Oxford Seminars, University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC , (June 2010)
(Intensive 60 hour TESOL/TESL/TEFL Teacher Training Course included: Lesson Planning, Classroom management techniques, skill development (grammar, pronunciation, listening, speaking, reading, and writing), teaching strategies, teaching multi-levelclasses, and a teaching practicum)
Bachelor in Science of Education, English and Spanish
Pedagogical and technological University of Colombia, Tunja, Colombia (August 1999 -July 2003)
(Four years of full time University education included English and Spanish teaching techniques, literature, teaching strategies, Semantics, Phonetics, Linguistics, Pragmatics, six months of teaching practicum, and wrote a Thesis on American Idioms and Slang)
American English Literature
Fairfield University Fairfield CT, USA (August-December 2004)
(One semester of coursework designed for the students enrolled in the English major at Fairfield University)
American Idioms and Slang
Manhattanville College, Purchase NY, USA (April 2005-May 2005)
(A coursework focused on the different American Idioms ans Slang and their use)
Business English: Vocabulary and General Topics
Manhattanville College, Purchase NY, USA ( september 2005-October 2005),
(A coursework focused on the English language use in Business)
English through Popular Music
Manhattanville College, Purchase NY, USA ( July 2005-august 2005),
(A coursework focused on the English language and vocabulary use in popular music)
English Teaching Didactics, Revisited
Universidad de Los Andes, Bogota, Colombia. ( February 2007-Mach 2007)
(A coursework focused on strategies and didactics a teacher can use according to the different skills (writing, speaking, listening, reading and grammar) as well as age and level of students)
Colegio Nueva Inglaterra, Chiquinquirá, Colombia, (January 2008-June 2008)
• Taught and assisted children aged Kindergarten through sixth grade in the development of English skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
• Created lesson plans that were culturally relevant for them.
• Managed behavior and resolved conflicts.
• Served as a Positive role Model for children.
Gimnasio Campestre del Norte, Tunja, Colombia, (January 2007-December 2007)
• Taught and assisted children aged Kindergarten through tenth grade in the development of English skills.
• Supported Gimnasio Campestre Del Norte's mission to build the academic, social, and personal development of children.
• Created structure for the management of small and large groups of children.
• Filled out evaluations and reports to chart students' progress.
Live in Caregiver
Family of Karen Olsson, Squamish, BC, (August 2008-March 2011)
• Looked after one girl and a boy, toddlers of different families.
• Assisted children with daily routine and activities such as swimming, soccer, dance and art.
• Taught them Spanish.
• Created a safe, respectful child development environment.
Colegio Colombo Britanico, Tunja, Colombia, (April 2006-december 2006)
• Taugh and assisted Adult Continuing Education students.
• Focus their education in English bussiness studies.
• Assessed students in order for them to focus and improve their weaknesses.
Self employed, Tunja, Colombia, (February 2006- June 2008)
• Tutored English Languages to University, High school, elementary, and Continuinig Education students.
• Instructed students in speaking, reading, writing, listening and grammar.
• Provided students with a variaty of activities such as role play, games, dialogues.
HobbiesI love teaching, I do it throught different ways, i use arts and crafts, literature, plays, depending of course on the age of the student.
Im a friendly, possitive person, who enjoys helping people, specially students when it comes to learn a language.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.